Time : Sunday 2.00pm-3.30pm (fortnightly)
Venue : Singapore Oriental Radio Practice Centre
In commemoration of the Guan Yin Bodhisattva’s Birthday, our center will share the following interesting topics.
1. Video clip on Master Lu’s Discourse on the Benefits of attending Dharma Conventions
2. Video clip on one of the 33 manifestations of Guan Yin Bodhisattva (Shi Yao Guan Yin)
3. The Myths and Legend of Guan Yin Bodhisattva.
4. Master Lu’s discourse on the commemoration of Guan Yin Bodhisattva’s Birthday
5. Testimonial sharing: Practicing Guan Yin Citta Dharma Door helped in various aspects of my life
6. Buddhist song presentation by Singapore Practice Centre Choir
7. Guide to the Qing Ming Festival
8. Totem Enquiry: Girl suffering from severe depression and OCD due to foreign spirits
9. Questions and Answers
(Master Lu’s call-in radio program)
THE GREATLY MERCIFUL AND GREATLY COMPASSIONATE GUAN YIN BODHISATTVA LOVES ALL SENTIENT BEINGS
Caller: Master Lu. is it true that the saviours in many historical legends are actually manifestations of Guan Yin Bodhisattva?
Master Jun Hong Lu: Yes, I have said this long ago. It is because Guan Yin Bodhisattva is so compassionate! This is why the Buddha stated that even the compassion of Buddhas cannot surpass that of Guan Yin Bodhisattva, highlighting her superlative compassion! Interestingly, the love that you show to Guan Yin Bodhisattva will be multiplied a thousandfold or more in reciprocation. However, Guan Yin Bodhisattva can be said to be pitiable at times as she would have to manifest herself to sentient beings for the most minute of things.
On 24 March 2019, Guan Yin Citta (Singapore) held a special English Sharing Session dedicated to Guan Yin Bodhisattva.
During the session, Buddhist friends learned more about the legends of Guan Yin Bodhisattva and were amazed by Bodhisattva’s superlative compassion. Next, the audience was enraptured by sharings from Master Lu’s discourse, taking away practical tips about gaining resonance with Bodhisattva. Another highlight of the day would be the heartfelt Buddhist choir performances of songs relating to Bodhisattva. The touching renditions from our homegrown choir brought tears to many members of the audience. Finally, a speaker shared a guide to the upcoming Qingming Festival on 5 April 2019.
If you wish to understand more about Master Lu’s latest discourses, learn to apply Buddhist teachings into our everyday lives, imbibe yourself with more positive energy and blessings from Buddhas and Bodhisattva, we welcome you!
< English Sharing Session