Q: Dear Master Lu, I am a Hepatitis B carrier. How should I perform recitations?
- From a medical perspective, Hepatitis B is related to a physiological imbalance. In fact, this is an illness resulting from karmic obstacles, regardless of whether you were born with it or you became infected later in life.
- The following is recommended for your daily recitations: The Great Compassion Mantra at least 21 times, the Heart Sutra 7 times, and the Eighty-Eight Buddhas Great Repentance 3 times. These are the fundamentals.
- In addition, you should recite the Sheng Wu Liang Shou Jue Ding Guang Ming Wang Tuo Luo Ni at least 21 times per day. This is because such an illness is detrimental to people during old age and can affect their lifespans. Before you recite this mantra, you can say the following prayer: “May the Greatly Merciful and Greatly Compassionate Guan Yin Bodhisattva protect and bless me, <full name>, help me to eliminate my Hepatitis B virus.”
- You should combine the above with the recitation of at least 3 Little Houses per week. Please be persistent and recite the Little Houses continuously until you have fully recovered. Generally, you can recite 21 Little Houses for your first batch, and 49 Little Houses for your second.
- You will also need to perform life liberations in large quantities and make vows.