Q: Dear Master Lu, I was born homosexual. I heard that people who are homosexual will end up in hell, and I am very worried. I really wish that I could live as a heterosexual person, but I can’t, and I feel miserable. Master Lu, please advise me as to what I should do.
- From a Buddhist perspective, homosexual relationships are not encouraged.
- Generally, homosexuality is due to strong karmic ties formed from previous lives. In addition, because the mark left behind from previous lives is too strong, they may still be thinking about their previous gender in their present life. This is in fact a form of punishment for their souls.
- The following sutras and mantras can be included in your daily recitation:
- If your personality matches your gender, then you can recite the Great Compassion Mantra 7 times, the Heart Sutra 49 times, the Eighty-Eight Buddhas Great Repentance 3 times, the Cundi Dharani 49 times, the Amitabha Pure Land Rebirth Mantra 49 times, the Mantra to Untie Karmic Knots 49 times, and the Ru Yi Bao Lun Wang Tuo Luo Ni 49 times.
- If a homosexual male has more feminine-inclined traits, he can perform more recitations of the Great Compassion Mantra, to increase his Yang energy so that he can be more masculine.
- If a homosexual female has more masculine-inclined traits, then she can complete more recitations of the Heart Sutra.
- In addition, you can recite the Guan Yin Ling Gan Zhen Yan 49 times per day. You can pray to Guan Yin Bodhisattva to help you change your personality, making it aligned with your gender.
- In addition, it is recommended that you recite Little Houses, make vows, and perform life liberations. You can recite 2 to 3 Little Houses per week, with 49 Little Houses for the first batch.
- By continuously performing recitations and cultivating your mind, you will attain a clear understanding of yourself and realise your true nature. While you gradually repay your karmic debts and eliminate karmic obstacles, you will be able to fulfil your wish.