Time : Sunday 2.00pm-3.30pm (fortnightly)
Venue : Singapore Oriental Radio Practice Centre
1. Highlights on KL Dharma Convention
2. Video clip on Master Lu’s discourse: Outrun your suffering by practicing Buddhism
3. Ten things Buddhist Practitioners should not wish for (part 2)
4. Master Lu’s story from KL Dharma Convention: To pause is to progress
5. Testimony sharing: Guan Yin Citta let me find my spiritual abode
6. Video clip on Master Lu’s story: To cherish is the truest wisdom
7. How Gratitude inhibits the creation of Karmic Obstacles
8. Totem enquiry: Granddaughter frequent nightmares due to her mother aborted child
9. Questions and Answers
On 27 October 2019, Guan Yin Citta (Singapore) held yet another fortnightly English Sharing Session at the practice centre featuring many inspiring and enriching items on the lineup.
The first segment, was a continuation of the previous session’s topic on the “Ten things that Buddhist practitioners should not wish for”. It reminded the audience members about the importance of taking the lead to contribute instead of harbouring thoughts to leverage in any relationship; and that the compulsion to having one’s way is a surefire relationship killer.
Next, listeners had an illuminating discovery from the topic “To pause is to advance”. They learnt that prayers could be answered in many ways and sometimes the answers could be ‘Wait’. It is important for one to understand the value in waiting and one should press on in their spiritual cultivation during this time.
Another interesting topic was on the crucial reasons how gratitude can change one’s life. Listeners were thus inspired to have gratitude for the small and simple things in life when they learnt that the more one express gratitude for what they have, the more likely they will have even more to express gratitude for.
Finally, a Buddhist friend inspired the audience members with her life testimony on how even for someone who had always been grieving, with tumultuous upbringing and living in abusive home could turn her life around for the better through embracing the Three Golden Buddhist Practices of Guan Yin Citta.
If you wish to understand more about Master Lu’s latest discourses, learn to apply Buddhist teachings into our everyday lives, imbibe yourself with more positive energy and blessings from Buddhas and Bodhisattvas, we welcome you! Join us in the next English Sharing Session to embark on a wondrous expedition of wisdom and positivity!
< English Sharing Session