Q: Dear Master Lu, I previously went to see a fortune teller and he told me that I am unlucky in love. In reality, I have been experiencing problems with my marriage and my husband is having an affair. I am now following Guan Yin Citta Dharma Door, reciting Buddhist scriptures and cultivating my mind. I would like to know how I can resolve predestined calamities related to my love life?
- Firstly, if you experience difficulties in your relationship, it is because of the karmic obstacles accumulated from your past lives.
- If you wish to have a happy and harmonious relationship, then it is important to ensure that you perform your daily recitations diligently:
- The Great Compassion Mantra and the Heart Sutra are the foundation of your recitations.
- The Eighty-Eight Buddhas Great Repentance is for repenting and eliminating karmic obstacles that have caused difficulties in your relationship.
- The Cundi Dharani can help fulfil your wishes, and to speed up the process of resolving your problems.
- The Mantra to Untie Karmic Knots can help to resolve karmic conflicts in your relationship.
- You need to recite about 3 Little Houses per week and address them to the “Karmic Creditor of <your full name>”.
- At the same time, you can recite Little Houses and address them to “<Your full name> resolves karmic conflicts”. Prior to burning the Little Houses, you can say the following prayer: “May the Greatly Merciful and Greatly Compassionate Guan Yin Bodhisattva protect and bless me, <your full name>, help me to resolve the negative karmic affinity between <full name of your husband> and me.”
- If a couple has had any abortions or miscarriages previously, they must recite Little Houses as soon as possible to help the child that was aborted or miscarried to ascend to a higher spiritual realm. Address those Little Houses to “Child of <full name of the mother>”. This is because the spirits of the aborted or miscarried children are very pitiful; they are unable to go anywhere and can only occupy the bodies of family members. This tends to cause illnesses, conflicts and misfortune in the home. It is therefore important to help the spirits of aborted or miscarried children ascend to a higher spiritual realm.
- Regardless of whether he is in love with someone or someone else is in love with him, the reason your husband is having an extramarital affair is that either he owes that person karmic debts, or that person owes him karmic debts from past lives.
- You should complete more recitations of the Heart Sutra for him to help him gain wisdom. This will help him to realise that all these affairs are false and short-term, and that he should not commit misconduct.
- In addition, you need to recite the Eighty-Eight Buddhas Great Repentance for him to eliminate the karmic debts he owes to others from his past lives.
- You can also recite the Mantra to Untie Karmic Knots to resolve the negative karmic affinity between you and your husband. When reciting this mantra for this purpose, you should say the following the prayer: “May the Greatly Merciful and Greatly Compassionate Guan Yin Bodhisattva protect and bless me, <your full name>, help me to resolve the negative karmic affinity between <full name of your husband> and me.”
If your husband is having a good relationship with someone outside the marriage, that means there are more positive karmic affinities than negative ones between them. In such a situation, you should first recite the Mantra to Untie Karmic Knots between you and your husband. Once the negative karmic affinity between you and your husband is close to being resolved, then you can recite the mantra to resolve the karmic conflict between him and the person he is having an affair with.
However, if their relationship is not smooth and they frequently have conflicts and arguments, then that means there are more negative karmic affinities than positive ones between them. As there are fewer positive karmic affinities, once the positive affinities are exhausted, their relationship will likely come to an end.
In such a case, you need to do more recitations of the Mantra to Untie Karmic Knots for them, e.g. 49 times or even 108 times, and say the following prayer: “May the Greatly Merciful and Greatly Compassionate Guan Yin Bodhisattva help resolve the karmic conflicts between <full name of your partner> and <full name of the other party>”. During this period, you should do fewer recitations of the Mantra to Untie Karmic Knots for the relationship between you and your partner.
However, it is generally unnecessary to recite the Mantra to Untie Karmic Knots for your husband and “the other woman”. The focus should be on reciting the Mantra to Untie Karmic Knots for you and your husband, because any problems between two people within a marriage is caused by the outbreak of their own negative karmic affinity. Hence, the priority is to first resolve this particular negative karmic affinity.
- If there is a serious karmic conflict between you and your husband, you will need to recite Little Houses for him, addressing them to the “Karmic Creditor of <your husband’s full name>”.
- In addition, as the “predestined calamities related to one’s love life” are also a form of calamity, you can include the Xiao Zai Ji Xiang Shen Zhou in your daily recitation.
- Meanwhile, you should also make vows, perform life liberations, and perform more meritorious deeds. With this, you can pray to Guan Yin Bodhisattva to increase the positive karmic affinities between you and your husband.
- After your negative karmic affinity has been eliminated through performing recitations, your relationship will become stable if there is still positive karmic affinity remaining between you and your partner. Even if the remaining positive karmic affinity is insufficient, you will not suffer too much pain.
- In any case, we should act in accordance with karmic conditions. It is best not to be too attached to anyone or anything.