Q: I just started following Master Lu’s Guan Yin Citta Dharma Door to practise Buddhism and cultivate my mind. As I have a busy job with limited spare time, can I focus only on performing the Three Golden Buddhist Practices of Guan Yin Citta — performing recitations, making vows, and performing life liberations—without listening to the recordings of Master Lu’s radio programs? Will I still achieve the same results?
- Performing recitations, making vows and performing life liberations are the Three Golden Buddhist Practices that the Greatly Merciful and Greatly Compassionate Guan Yin Bodhisattva bestows upon us. These Three Golden Buddhist Practices help us obtain a safe and healthy life and accumulate good fortune and wisdom. We should learn to use them well.
- Listening to Master Lu’s radio programs and reading the blog are very important, as you can gain new knowledge from other people’s questions, and apply what you have learned to your own problems. At the same time, you will be able to learn the latest teachings of Master Lu as these come directly from Guan Yin Bodhisattva.
- Listening to Master Lu’s radio programs can also allow us to connect to Master Lu’s energy, helping us deepen our understanding of the essence of Buddhist teachings.
- If you only perform recitations without listening to Master Lu’s radio programs or reading Master Lu’s blog, it can be compared to teaching yourself a subject with only a textbook. Learning on your own is a very difficult way to master any subject. Every student needs a good teacher for guidance.
- Only by delving deeply into this Buddhist practice, by continuously listening, reading and learning from Buddhist teachings, can you truly break through ignorance and become enlightened. Therefore, it is particularly important to listen to the recordings of Master Lu’s radio programs, such as Buddhism: Your Questions Answered and Buddhism in Plain Terms.